12570 State Route 143
Job Number: 4698
Pay Rate: 90,000
MBS is in urgent need of a Testing Engineer/ Application Engineer-Excitation systems/ Sr. Research and Development Engineer in Highland, IL. This position is a full-time, Direct Hire opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In this role, the Test Engineer is responsible for development of new and existing test software and hardware focusing on in-circuit testing (ICT) for all our products. This includes, but not limited to, the development of schematics, test procedures, ICT Vendor programs to automate tests, estimating test hardware costs, and providing technical support for production personnel
- This position requires up to 50% travel throughout the entire US and Canada. We are looking for candidates that have a BSEE. This position facilitates in the sales process by promoting and providing application engineering support of company’s products to potential and existing customers.
- Our R&D engineers develop advanced protection and control concepts for electric power systems. These include Protective Relay Systems, Automatic Voltage Regulators and Excitation Systems for synchronous machines along with Genset Controls.
- Duties include performing power system simulations, protection, and control algorithm development, writing code for embedded applications, writing technical articles and publications, attending and presenting at technical conferences, travel to customer sites for meetings and commissioning newly developed protection and control concepts.
- We are looking for candidates that have experience designing, developing, and documenting ICT test systems or willing to learn
- Candidates must have experience working with Windows
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering. Advanced degrees are a plus
- It is preferred that candidates have experience with excitation systems or rotating equipment
- Candidates must have experience with 3 phase power relating to the Power Generation Market
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.