2 Emmet St.
Job Number: 4613
Pay Rate: 105.00
MBS Pro Staffing is hiring an IT Security Analyst for a GREAT customer of ours. This company has lots of advancement opportunity. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and improve the security posture of all parts of the company.
- Expand the use of security platforms for central management and reporting across all office and data center sites.
- Evaluate, analyze, and provide direction on the current Information Security infrastructure to ensure security best practices are implemented and identify areas for improvement.
- Work with the System Administrators to harden the Windows and Active Directory infrastructure based on current best practices and threats.
- Perform regular vulnerability scanning across the entire infrastructure including servers behind corporate firewalls, users on Windows workstations managed by AD, and other endpoints.
- Design, deploy, and maintain a central logging and alerting system and regularly review meaningful logs, respond to alerts, and open incidents when necessary.
- Proactively manage, tune, and troubleshoot security logging, web filtering, anti-malware, vulnerability management, and other security systems
- Staying up to date of changes in the threat landscape and emerging threats (i.e. new exploits or ransomware campaigns) and communicating relevant threats to management and other departments
- Maintain and administer perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems alongside the IT Networking Team
- Influence the planning and execution of incident response and postmortem exercises, with a focus on creating measurable benchmarks to show progress (or deficiencies requiring additional attention)
- Review and contribute to the incident management process to provide architectural solutions to address root cause of incidents.
- Additional duties assigned by manager.
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Bachelor’s and 3 years of experience, or 6+ years of experience directly involving Security Engineering work (e.g., information systems, computer science, information security, threat intelligence, application security, incident response, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Fortinet platform and products within, Fortinet NSE certifications are a plus.
- Experience with any of the following: Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks firewalls and VPN, Barracuda
- Direct responsibility for one or more of the following: Penetration testing, Forensics and incident response, Security controls gap analysis, Security administration, Network defense
- Experience working with and securing multiple computing platforms (Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Prior experience in leading Information Security initiatives and projects that involve multiple departments across a company.
- Programming and scripting knowledge, at a level where you are comfortable automating and scripting tasks to speed up your work.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.