MBS is hiring Journeyman Carpenter for a great client in Cincinnati, OH. This position is a full-time, contract to hire opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the "go-to" when there is a maintenance problem. Assign tasks to the maintenance team consisting of 2-3 other maintenance technicians.
- Schedule vendors for machine repair, building maintenance, and PMs.
- Work directly with machinery OEM's in diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment.
- Repair, modify or overhaul all types of machines tools, special machines and production equipment as directed.
- Plans and completes installation and service of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and/or electrical equipment.
- Capable of basic welding.
- Makes factory building repairs and related equipment repairs as directed.
- Identify faulty components and purchase items from the appropriate vendors (using a company account or company credit-card).
- Use company truck to pick up components at local vendors or take factory items to local vendors for repair.
- Works from blueprints, sketches, repair manuals and/or verbal instructions.
- Works with a minimum of supervision and instruction.
- Works in a safe manner at all times and may instruct other employees in specific areas of safe use of special equipment.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years industrial experience in manufacturing facility maintenance
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, electrical schematics, and work form verbal instructions with special emphasis placed on welding symbol interpretations.
- Ability to work on computers to research equipment, find blueprints, identify potential outside vendors, and schedule new vendors when appropriate.
- Possess deep knowledge in plumbing, carpentry, and electrical circuitry, with emphasis on 3 phase 440/220 volt power systems.
- Must be able to pass basic maintenance test including mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical competencies.
- Must be physically capable of standing all day, lifting up to 10 lbs frequently, lifting up to 50 lbs infrequently, bending or crouching in confined areas when needed, willingness to work at heights with ladders/lifts (with required fall protection gear), and be capable of using all common hand tools.
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization. Approachable with a "can-do" attitude.
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.