Our Client has an opportunity available for a Manufacturing Engineer on 2nd Shift to join the team at their manufacturing facility in Mason, OH. The Engineer will maintain and improve the efficiency, quality, and productivity of production by providing engineering/technical support to the production areas.
Primary functions for this role will include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure the continuous operation of production by investigating equipment reliability issues.
• Assist in the installation of new equipment.
• Assist technicians in making repair procedures for equipment per company standard.
• Communicate machine problems to the relevant departments. Schedule repairs in cooperation with the production supervisors and schedulers.
• Remain informed of new manufacturing technologies and investigate their potential applications. Recommend incorporation of new technology for company applications where feasible and practical.
• Operate and program numerically controlled (NC/CNC) equipment and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's). Utilize equipment specific software for set up, programming & troubleshooting of automation devices, including (but not limited to) robots, linear actuators, servo drives, variable frequency drives, HMI screens & vision systems.
• Prepare technical reports, charts, and graphs documenting production/machine efficiencies and preventive maintenance history. Analyze trends and make recommendations for improvement.
• Work together with Engineering Supervision & Management to establish and/or maintain long-term plans for capital investments required to improve productivity and/or running condition of equipment.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology, or equivalent.
• Verbal, written, and cross-cultural communication skills, emphasizing interpersonal communication skills and technical writing/drawing skills.
• Broad and detailed knowledge of engineering, maintenance, and production methods.
• Ability to use machine shop tools and equipment.
• Computer literate, with emphasis on Microsoft Office.