100 AUTOMATION WAY MIAMISBURG, OH 45342 US
MBS is hiring a Programming Analyst for a GREAT customer of ours in Miamisburg, OH. This company has lots of advancement opportunity.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist systems analysts in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and ERP system customizations
· Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications
· Research and document requirements of program users
· Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and ERP system customizations according to specifications
· Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purpose of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
· Administer critical analysis of tests results and deliver solutions to problem areas
· Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process
· Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines
· Install software products for end users as required
· Conduct research on emerging application development software product, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
· Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvement and upgrades
· Liaise with network administrators and systems analysts to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems
· Write description of steps taken to modify system and procedures required to implement new software
· Assist users to use system software
· Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to modify system software
· Administer and monitor computer program that controls user access to system
· review productivity reports and problem records to evaluate performance of computer system
· assist analysts in the day-to-day OS and database support of the host systems
· Bachelor of Art degree from a four-year college or university; and three to five years of related experience with programming, database design and/or administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
· Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
· Highly logical
· Technically proficient
· Highly self-motivated and directed
· Keen attention to detail
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Experience working both independently and, in a team oriented, collaborative environment
· Strong customer service orientation
· Thorough understanding of server hardware and virtual machine platforms is a plus
· Thorough understanding of the platform OS such as Unix, Linux, and Windows server is a plus
· Solid working knowledge of current internet technologies, including XML a plus
· Solid working knowledge of C#, .NET, SQL Server, is a plus
· Experience working with ERP systems, specially Epicor, is a plus
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
Hire the candidate immediately or take time to assess your current candidate s fit within your company. Use our resources and expertise to make the best decision and save you time and money!