Under minimal supervision, works on robotic or tooling systems involving the origination, design, and development of new robotic products, tools, and components and/or the modification and improvement of existing designs. Will have a mechanical focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Must be able to perform advanced mechanical calculations to verify the overall outcome of the design requirement/intent.
• Attend project kickoff meetings and provide input.
• Communicate directly with the customer on technical issues.
• May be responsible for assisting in generating and managing project schedules, managing project budget and leading engineering team.
• Will be assigned to several projects at one time.
• Must follow ISO procedures as the job requires and provide feedback to improve our processes.
• Assist in maintaining project binder.
• May initiate milestone invoicing at appropriate intervals.
• Able to understand and apply industry standards.
• Designs and develops robotic systems or tooling fixtures to meet customer specifications or project requirements.
• Conduct (develop) tests to assure success during project validation or verification.
• Facilitate design reviews with customers, suppliers, and/or other departments to ensure sound designs and drawing accuracy.
• Analyze test data to assure design meets functional and performance specifications.
• Coordinate and assist in solving technical problems during debug and at customer site.
• Provides technical support and leadership to customer, engineering team, customer service, sales, marketing, manufacturing, etc.
• May assist in preparation of technical proposals with Application Engineer and/or Marketing.
• Has strong understanding of systems. Must possess strong understanding of one or more automated process along with application of those processes (i.e. welding, cutting, case packing, palletizing).
• May be responsible for generating standard solutions to be used by all of the company in engineering applications.
• May be responsible for overall engineering solution.
• May be responsible for assisting with closed order analysis on assigned projects.
• Communicate project status with team members.
• May assist in preparing and presenting engineering change documentation.
• Directly responsible for generating AG revenue (revenue may be adjusted based upon company goals and market conditions).
•20% - 25% Travel. Must have valid driver’s license and full coverage automobile insurance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science degree and four to six years related experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Good organizational skills, ability to solve problems, strong verbal and written communication skills, and computer literate. Must have good negotiation and conflict resolution skills. Employee must be able to work with minimal supervision, conferring with supervisor on unusual matters. Has some latitude for unreviewed action or decision.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups and managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.