2153 Winners Circle
Industry: Leslie Spencer
Job Number: 4652
Pay Rate: 80,000
MBS is in need of Quality Engineer. This position is a full-time, direct hire opportunity. We are seeking talented professionals to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with corrective/preventive action processes (CARs, SCARs, RMAs, 8Ds, etc.) for suppliers, customers and internal processes. Provides and analyzes root-cause analysis associated with product/process issues.
- Works closely with Engineering and Receiving Inspection teams to define and support requirements and activities for receiving inspection, measurement and testing of in-process and incoming raw material & assemblies.
- Evaluates and analyzes production processes to continually improve product quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Identifies, implements, and monitors appropriate metrics to measure quality of incoming and outgoing product, as well as internal manufacturing processes.
- Implements statistical process control and appropriate quality measures.
- Assists Purchasing department with supplier qualification and ongoing evaluation processes.
- Coordinates APQP processes with suppliers and/or customers (FAIR, PAW, SPC, PPAP, etc.)
- Works closely with human resources to define and support employee training requirements and activities related to the QMS.
- Supports maintaining 3rd-party certification to ISO-9001:2015.
- Conducts internal audits to ensure compliance with industry standards (ANSI / IPC / etc.) and Government Regulations (ITAR / EAR / etc.) where appropriate.
- May serve as company designated Empowered Official (EO) as defined within the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Trains inspectors and other designated staff members on IPC Acceptability Standards
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field or equivalent training & experience.
- Two to Five years quality experience preferred in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Must have working knowledge of ISO-9001:2015 standard, and knowledge of APQP processes are strongly desired.
- Demonstrable ability to work in MS Word/Excel to create and record inspection logs/reports and other quality documents.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical inspection process and requirements.
- Certified Expert / Trainer on IPC A-610/620 Standards for Acceptability of Electronic and Wire Harness Assemblies.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with suppliers, customers, and cross-functionally across the organization.
- Ability to quickly gain thorough knowledge and understanding of additional industry standards and government regulations as applicable.
- Knowledge and experience with APQP processes (FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, SPC, PPAP, etc.).
- Visits suppliers and customers as necessary.
- Experience with source inspection and surveillance/audit activities at supplier’s facility.
- Ability to identify and document supplier's quality deficiencies and ensure effective corrective/preventive action.
- Capable of performing root cause analysis and identifying solutions to complex problems.
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.