Terre Haute, IN 47801 US
MBS is in urgent need of a Quality Engineer in Cincinnati, OH. This position is a full-time, Direct Hire opportunity. The Quality Engineer works closely with suppliers and customers and works with advanced technology along with electrical components.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as the primary quality assurance resource to department supervisor(s) for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
· Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
· Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
· Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
· Assist in process certification.
· Review contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
· Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures.
· Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
· Review suppliers and establish supplier quality requirements.
· Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
· Serve as the quality assurance representative to the Materials Review Board (MRB).
· May compile, write and deliver training material on quality standards and activities.
· Involved in process plans, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, supplier quality, test equipment, support in development and maintenance of ISO/QS systems, internal auditing, and continuous improvement.
· Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
· Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of the assigned product or component.
· Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
· Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
· Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for
compliance with stated requirements, including customer quality manuals and company quality records.
· Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process change.
· Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
· Documents data obtained during all quality activities consistent with company policies and procedures.
· Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
· Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
· Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality activities.
· Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
· Knowledge of APQP methodology.
· Knowledge of ISO systems.
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Designs workflows and procedures.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
· Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
ABOUT THE KABLE GROUP
For over 50 years, The Kable Group has been committed to connecting candidates looking for reliable work opportunities with companies in need of workforce solutions. We leverage our expertise in core industries to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates alike are satisfied. Whether it’s a professional position, skilled labor need, or an education opportunity, The Kable Group’s suite of solutions caters to finding the right fit, every time.
At the Kable Group, we do not just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. Read our full diversity statement here.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
Hire the candidate immediately or take time to assess your current candidate s fit within your company. Use our resources and expertise to make the best decision and save you time and money!