Industry: Leslie Spencer
Job Number: 4638
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will develop manufacturing processes and tooling design for composite parts fabrication. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this position offers an excellent opportunity to work in an empowered setting with a broad scope of authority.
- Create written and illustrated manufacturing plans, bills of material and outside purchase specifications per engineering drawings/specifications.
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes and tooling improvements for composite parts.
- Communicate with customer to resolve engineering issues related to manufacturing processes, drawings, and specifications.
- Assume Project Management responsibilities when directed.
- Participate in MRB review of discrepant parts including Cause & Corrective Action.
- Coordinate new and current business requirements with Production, Contracts, and Quality.
- Support Production in delivery of products to customers on schedule.
- Aptitude to be “hands-on” and roll up sleeves to work in a manufacturing and office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least 7 years Aerospace Composite Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Experience in any of the following processes is desirable: Metal to Metal bonding, RTM and/or compression Molding (of aerospace composite parts)., Vacuum Bag, Autoclave Cure, Hand lay-up, Metal Bonding experience would be a plus.